Harz/Herbstseminar Conference Series (annually since 1996)
This conference series originated as the Herbstseminar Strukturbildung in Chemie und Biophysik (Autumn Seminar for Pattern Formation in Chemistry and Biophysics), but changed to Harzseminar (Harz is a rugged terrain in Northern Germany) in 2006.
They are a series of annual conferences held at varying locations in Northern Germany until 2005 and in Goslar (Harz) since 2006.
Prior to the first seminar, Alexander Mikhailov contacted Stefan Müller and Roland Imbihl to initiate a small conference somewhere between Berlin and Hannover which developed into this long-running seminar series.
- Herbstseminar (Autumn seminar)
The first eight seminars were organized by Roland Imbihl, Alexander S. Mikhailov and Stefan C. Müller.
- 1st: 1996 October 2-5, Almsfeld (Harz), Germany
- 2nd: 1997 October 2-5, Alexisbad (Harz), Germany
- 3rd: 1998 October 8-10, Kelbra (Kyffhäuser), Germany
- 4th: 1999 September 30 - October 2, Friedrichsbrunn (Harz), Germany
- 5th: 2000 September 27-29, Friedrichsbrunn (Harz), Germany
- 6th: 2001 September 26-28, Salzwedel, Germany
- 7th: 2002 September 29 - October 1, Salzwedel, Germany
- 8th: 2003 September 28-30, Salzwedel, Germany
The 9th and 10th seminars were organized by Roland Imbihl, Alexander S. Mikhailov, Stefan C. Müller, and Marcus J.B. Hauser.
- 9th: 2004 October 3-5, Salzwedel, Germany
- Harzseminar (Harz seminar) in Goslar-Hahnenklee, Germany
- 10th: 2006 February 23-25
The 11th to 15th seminars were organized by Eberhard Bodenschatz, Marcus J.B. Hauser, Roland Imbihl, and Alexander S. Mikhailov.
- 11th: 2007 February 11-13
- 12th: 2008 March 2-4
- 13th: 2009 February 26-28
- 14th: 2010 February 25-27
- 15th: 2011 February 20-22
Since the 16th seminar, the organzers are Markus Bär, Eberhard Bodenschatz, Marcus J.B. Hauser, and Roland Imbihl.
- 16th: 2012 February 26-28
- 17th: 2013 February 24-26
- 18th: 2014 February 16-18
- 19th: 2015 March 29-31
- 20th: 2016 February 21-23
- 21st: 2017 February 26-28
- 22nd: 2018 February 25-27
- 23nd: 2019 March 3-5
- 24th: 2020 February 23-25